Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Barren

Well Elijah is off to his dad's again. Last time he went he spent several nights and it was a strange adjustment. I realized I had never experienced young adulthood without a child in tow. It wasn't as pleasant as I had imagined it would be, but I knew next time around I would be more prepared to take advantage of the time I had to just "be me." Granted, when Elijah is with me I am still me, but it's a strange feeling when I don't have to worry about getting him from school or finishing my school work and day's work before 3 o'clock-ish, for several days in a row. So this time he will spend Wednesday night and Thursday night in Edmond. I look forward to the time I'll have to catch up on some school work and prepare for..duhn duhn duhnn...finals week! Also, this summer, along with my business calculus class, I will be taking Acting 1. I'm so excited!! My friend Mesha has also decided to take the acting class with me. Who knows what we will learn in there, but it's sure to be a nice break from business calc. Here's to sunshine and free time, Cheers.

3 comments:

Kyle said...

Kick back, rest, relax, enjoy it. Any moments of rest or sabbath are well-earned. There's a great peace to cherishing and being the other parts of 'you' other than Mommy.

heather said...

Mostly I sit and realize that I might be completely lost in Loserville if I hadn't had Elijah. It's kind of an uncomfortable feeling.

thebarefootpoet said...

Elijah is awesome, and a wonderful gift. But you are, my dear, an insightful and wonderful person because you are Heather. Now sure, Heather is also Elijah's mom, but she is not defined by that. Strange how I switched to a third person thing there...anyway, hopefully you feel me, sister!