Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Go Team!

Today I went back to the SOB coffee shop, where our gaggle of girls hasn't really had an official meeting since our ferocious leader had been wounded in battle. The Battle of Wisdom, teeth for the most part. It's so nice to have a place like that, it becomes some hippie version of Cheers. They may not remember your name, but relaxing there is way easy. Afterwards, I went to a mini-conference facilitated by a leadership development effort in the Cherokee Nation. A beautiful and young blonde woman introduced herself and the purpose of the class. We were there to learn about teamwork, but most importantly we were there to score 35 bonus points for our Intercultural Communication course. The lecture turns from lecture to Double-Dare. 18 adults, ages 20 to 60, had to form two giant lines, linked only by fun-noodles. What, you didn't see that coming? Well neither did I. It turned out to be a lot of fun, and I attribute the success to my favorite phenomenon: crisis-bonding. The team I was on? Rocked. We won the first challenge, the chain thing, and so we had some time to build tee-pees (TP's?) and cabins while the other team tried to finish. They never did. Next our teams competed to build the tallest, free-standing structure using only 10 fun-noodles (those bright-colored pool toys) and a roll of masking tape. No one really won, but our's was the only one to be free-standing for any substantial amount of time. So, score 2. After that was over, we talked about the lessons we learned and blah, blah, blah.

So, after pretend-summer-camp, I am home taking some silly online quizzes. You know, the "How ____ are you?" Or, "What is your ____ _____?" I took several, turns out I am 71% Tortured Genius. But we all knew that. The last quiz I chose was "How Capricorn Are You," because astrologically, I would be a Capricorn. I ought to get 100%. Here comes the toughy, "Are you typically a person who would rather "follow the rules," or "rock the boat?" What? You understand that I can't answer that, right? I feel I should rock the boat while following the rules. Rules, like, laws? Tradition? And what kind of boat-rocking? Criminal, anarchial, or conceptual? I feel like rules are a part of the game. I've said it before as playing their game, my way. Well I never could decide so I just picked one. Turns out I am only 53% Capricorn.

1 comment:

thebarefootpoet said...

You are 100% hilarious and brilliant! Loved this post.